How To Summarize An Article Example
A summary is a condense information and ideas into a few sentence. A summary tells the main idea, must be written clearly using your own words and it must be shorter than the original document. A summary focus on the main idea.
How to Summarize an Article Example: Steps in Summary
When summarizing, you need to identify the main idea and write it using your own words. You need to write a summary by writing notes and by underlining as you read. It must include topic sentences and thesis.
If you can’t use your own words and feel that your text looks plagiarized, you should order paper or essay rewrite right away.
Steps to summarize: How to Write a Summary of an Article Sample
- Underline the topic sentence of every paragraph
- Write the sentence using your own words in another paper
- If you are done reading the article, make sure to read all topic sentences you wrote down or you wrote
- Using your own words, you need to rewrite the main ideas
- Use the complete sentences by using good transition words
- Make sure that you do not use the same words, sentence structure or phrases of the original source
- The summary must be concise and short as possible
In summarizing paragraphs, experts from affordable manual paraphrasing service recommend:
- Find the topic sentence and underline it
- If there is no sentence that state the topic, you need to write a sentence which does in margin
In summarizing whole essays, here is an information needed to know.
- First reading: To know the main idea, you need to ask yourself why the essay was published and written.
- Second reading: The summary must start with the name of the author and title of the work. Check out for thesis sentence and underline it. The thesis and the topic sentence is your basis in summarizing.
Learn how you can rewrite my essay!
How to Write a Summary of an Article Sample
Begin with author tag including first and last name and title of text: For example: In “My Happy Shoe,” John explains…John in his article “My Happy Shoe” explains…
In “My Happy Shoe, “John explains that shoes are best brand of shoe running for strong track athletes. John supports it by pointing out that Nike shoes are comfortable, give more cushioning and last longer. He said that statistics from scientific and sales evidences shows that Nike shoes are better. He also said that professional runners are using Nike.
There you go the information you need to keep and mind to have a good summary.
By the way, we can also provide you with a useful mla paraphrase example.