Paraphrase Example Sentence – Tips & Tricks
If you need to paraphrase but you are not sure of what you will do, this page presents tips. Paraphrasing is taking original text by using your own words structure and choices. Read this to learn more tips and to have a guide.
After that, you may visit also free punctuation checker if you are interested in proper sentences.
How to Paraphrase a Sentence Example
- Know what paraphrasing means: Paraphrasing is taking original source by using your own words. You need to express the author’s ideas in a different way. In paraphrasing, you need to give credit to the author but by using your own words.
- Know the difference between summarizing and paraphrasing: Paraphrasing is different from summarizing. Both of them need to be written with y using different words but in summarizing, you can use the same phrase just like the original.
Original: The fox is stalking its prey in moonlight in its bright eyes and large ears.
Example of paraphrasing sentences: The fox is surveying the place using its night vision and spectacular hearing.
- Paraphrasing doesn’t mean to make the text shorter: In summarizing, you need a shorter version but it is not in paraphrasing. Sometimes, you can have slightly longer version in paraphrasing compared to original version.
- Change original word choice: You need to change the words when paraphrasing.
- Use thesaurus with your word choice: You can use the thesaurus to help you in getting the right words to use in paraphrasing. You need to be careful in using words because they may have same pronunciation but different meaning.For example: protest and grumble have same meanings but have different connotations. Protest can be connected to politics but grumble is not.
- Change the structure of paragraph: Use different structure to lead your readers through the main ideas.
To make your paper unique, you can use our rewrite essay service and get help right away.
Whenever you are having a hard time in paraphrasing, you can check out example of paraphrasing sentences to see how it is written or structured. It will help you a lot in getting started. You can always follow our additional paraphrasing tips.
Dos and Don’ts of Paraphrasing
To summarize all of the above, here are the dos and don’ts of paraphrasing:
- Use synonyms
- Use compensatory strategies
- Change the structure of a sentence
- Cite the source when you can’t paraphrase
- Leave out the information
- Change the original meaning
- Include your own opinion