Paraphrase Quote Example From Professional
When should you paraphrase a quote?
When you quote somebody directly, you are using their words exactly as they were spoken. An indirect quote is a paraphrased version of what somebody originally said. You are using your own words to say the same thing they did. A paraphrased quote should still be attributed to the person who originally said it, just as you would give credit if you quoted them directly.
There are a number of different reasons you may want to paraphrase a quote rather that using a direct quote including:
- Sometimes a paraphrased quote may suit the style and flow of your writing better than the original if quoted directly.
- To clarify what the original words mean, so that your audience understands.
- To demonstrate that you understand the quote and what the original speaker/writer meant.
- When a quote is long or awkward, paraphrasing can improve the wording without losing the meaning.
- To better understand how to paraphrase a quote, it can be helpful to look at a paraphrase quote example.
Use a paraphrase quote example to learn how to write indirect quotes
Most instructors prefer papers that aren’t fully loaded with quotes. Learn how to use indirect quotes so that you can mix up the way you use quotes when writing. The following are some basic guidelines for paraphrasing quotes:
- Make sure you completely understand the quote and what it means before attempting to paraphrase it.
- Look for the key point or idea in the quote. This makes it much easier to use your own words to convey the same idea.
- Use an example of paraphrasing a quote to get a better idea of how to paraphrase quotes in your own writing.
To show how to paraphrase a quote, examples of some paraphrased quotes are shown here:
For help with paraphrasing quotes or any other text, consider using the paraphrasing help service we provide. Use our paraphrase example for understanding the process.
We provide professional paraphrasing help
Whether you need a paraphrase quote example, APA paraphrasing examples or to have us paraphrase text for you, our professional writers are well suited to handle any paraphrasing task. All of our writers are college graduates and well experienced with paraphrasing different types of text. Some benefits of using our service include:
- Inexpensive rates that are easy to afford
- Easy online order and payment process
- Free plagiarism checks and proofreading on paraphrased text
- Courteous and helpful customer support always available 24/7